Chillicothe VA Medical Center
Spinal Cord Injury
About the Program
The Spinal Cord Injury & Disorder (SCI&D) Team at Chillicothe VA Medical Center provides an interdisciplinary consultative team to assist the primary care teams and other clinical staff in providing for the unique care needs of this population. The SCI&D Team is comprised of a Team Coordinator/Social Worker, Team Nurse, and Team Physician. The facility houses a variety of resources to ensure quality treatment for Veteran patients.
The SCI&D Clinic is located in Building 30, Room 13. The contact information for team members is:
- Team Coordinator: Anita Surran, 740-773-1141, x6251
- Team Nurse: William Markham, 740-773-1141, x6308
- Team Physician: Christina Walz, 740-773-1141, x7638
The SCI&D Team:
- Identifies SCI&D patients
- Oversees access to care
- Provides referrals for treatment
- Provides annual comprehansive exams
- Case manages SCI&D patients throughout the continuum of care
- Participates in Telemedicine conferencing with other facilities
- Provides education to patients, families and staff
- Maintains outcome information for national databases
Feel free to stop by or contact us for further information.
*Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
- Building 30, Room 13
- 740-773-1141 Ext. 6251/6308
- 740-773-1141 Ext. 7637/7638
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm