Chillicothe VA Medical Center
Veterans Transportation Service
About the Program
The Chillicothe VAMC is proud to announce a new program aimed at providing increased access to care for our Veterans living in remote areas. This new service is called the Veterans Transportation Service or VTS and is designed to help Veterans gain better access to their appointments with the Chillicothe VA.
All Veterans enrolled for care at the medical center are eilgible for the VTS.
Do the Outpatient Clinics also offer this new service?
Not at this time.
How do I schedule a ride?
Veterans can schedule transportation through their VA primary care provider or by calling the local VTS office at 1-800-358-8262, x5596, or 740-773-1141, x5596.
We currently have routes in:
- Pike County- Service is available Wednesday and Friday, starting at 7 am. Please call for route times and to make a reservation. You must have a reservation. If no reservations are made for a day or route time, the shuttle will not run. The shuttle is wheelchair accessible.
- Vinton County- Service is available on Monday, starting at 7 am. Please call for route times and to make a reservation. You must have a reservation. If no reservations are made for a day or route time, the shuttle will not run. The shuttle is wheelchair accessible.
What other resources are available in the local community?
- Chillicothe Transit System 740-773-1569
- Ross Go 740-772-4004
- Ross County Job & Family Services 740-773-2651
- Ross County Senior Citizens
- Chillicothe 740-773-3544
- Bainbridge 740-634-2364
- Kingston 740-642-2242
- 740-773-1141 Ext. 5596
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday- Friday, excluding Federal Holidays