Volunteer or Donate
Chillicothe VA Medical Center depends on the goodwill of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
- General Volunteering - Volunteers donate over 50,000 hours yearly in direct service to Veterans. These volunteers do more than support diversional activities. They assist in areas such as:
- Engineering Section
- Environmental Management Section
- Human Resource Management Service
- Learning Resource Service
- Mental Health Care Line
- Patient Business Service
- Primary and Preventative Care (including community-based outpatient clinics)
- Prosthetics and Sensory Aids
- Rehabilitation Medicine & Services
- Social Work
- Voluntary Service
- Volunteer Now!
- Student Volunteering – Student volunteers are an important part of the VA medical centers’ treatment team.
- Corporate Volunteering:
- Your employees have the skills and talents that VA needs to carry out its mission to “service those who have served.”
- Give something back to the community while helping American Veterans
- Contact us to set up a program to utilize your employees’ skills
- Volunteer Transportation – Many Veterans who have answered our nation’s call in times of war have disabilities or can’t afford transportation to a VA facility.The Volunteer Transportation Network encourages new volunteers to assist our Veterans in getting needed transportation for their treatment.
- Monetary donations are used for the general welfare and comfort of our Veteran patients. We also utilize Donation Wish List for those interested in donating for a specific purpose.
- Non-monetary donations are used to make our patients’ stay more enjoyable. Items which are accepted are included in the Gift Suggestion List
All donations cash or otherwise, must be donated through the Voluntary Service office. Cash donations should be made payable to: Chillicothe VA Medical Center. For acknowledgement purposes, please leave your name and a complete address with donation(s).
New Service! E-Donate
Simple. Speedy. Safe. The new E-Donate service now available on-line allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support. Through E-Donate, donors can select from a number of funds at the medical center they wish to make contributions. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administrative costs are appropriated so donors can be 100 percent certain their donations will go directly to the funds and Veteran patients they select.
Donors can make a donation through the secure E-Donate site. Donations can be made by credit or debit card. The actual donation is made through a secure site at the U.S. Department of Treasury's Pay.gov site. A minimum of $5 is required for online donation. There are no additional fees.