Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
Chillicothe VA Human Resources Office
17273 State Route 104
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
At Chillicothe VA Medical Center, we strive to hire only the best! Working with and for America's Veterans is a privilege, and we pride ourselves on the quality of care we provide. If you have what it takes, please consider applying for one of our available positions.
Our Human Resources Management Department is located on the 2nd floor of Building 1, and is available for questions Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Visit the USA Jobs web site to view and apply for available vacancies.If you need additional information, please contact our Human Resources Management Service at 740-773-1141, x7069 (Front Office).
A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Site*. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
Chillicothe VAMC follows the protocol set by the VA Office of Diversity and Inclusion for hiring a diverse workforce. It is the policy of this medical center to provide equitable opportunity for employment for qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination consistent with the basic principles and policies governing personnel administration. Personnel actions and employment practices are based solely on merit and fitness without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, reprisal (participation in prior EEO activity), status as a parent, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Academic Affiliations and Community Partners
- Federal Retirement Information and Services*
- Experience Statement for Motor Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Operators (CSC Form 665)
- Credentialing Release of Information (VA Form 10-0459)
- e-QIP Security Application
- Employment Information Fact Sheet
New Employee Forms
- Instructions for Completing New Employee Forms
- Request for Delivery of Salary Check VA Form 1301a
- Ohio Withholding Form IT-4 *
- Federal Tax Form W-4 *
- City Income Tax and School District Tax Form
- Direct Deposit Form 11-92 FMS 2231 *
- Self-Identification of Handicap SF 256 *
- Ethnicity and Race Identification SF 181 *
- Employee Educational Data Form VA Form 4637
- Statement of Prior Federal Service SF 144 *
- Department of Labor Statement
- Life Insurance Election SF 2817 *
- Designation of Beneficiary SF 2823 *
- Appointment Affidavit SF 61 *
- Certification of Licensure VA Form 4682-2
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850B||Application for Medical Residents|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Audiologist, Audiologist — Speech Pathologist, Biomedical Engineer, Blind Rehabilitation Specialist, Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist, Dental Technologist, Diagnostic Radiologic Technician, Dietitian, Expanded-function Dental Auxiliary, Kinesiotherapist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Instrument Technician, Medical Records Administrator, Medical Records Specialist, Medical Records Technician, Medical Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Orthotist-Prosthetist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Psychologist, Prosthetic Representative, Registered Respiratory Therapy Technician, Social Worker, and Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|